The Geotech Interface Probe with Float is a portable, reel-mounted instrument that provides measurements of liquids lighter and heavier than water. When the probe is lowered down a well and contacts the product layer, a solid tone and red light alarm is activated at the reel. When the probe detects water, the tone begins to oscillate and the light changes to green.
Out of stock
- Features & Applications
- Company Information
• Extremely durable polypropylene storage reel with rugged aluminum frame
• Highly accurate Kynar® coated steel tape marked in engineering or metric increments
• Stainless steel conductors for durability
• PTFE and stainless steel probe with spring strain relief
• Audible and visible alarms activated on reel when probe contacts product and water
• Auto shut-off circuit to extend battery life
• Easily replaced 9 volt battery
• Water resistant padded carrying case to protect instrument
• Built in reel hanger and included tape guide for longer tape life.
Size: Reel 13″ H x 11″ W x 7″ D (33 cm H x 30 cm W x 18 cm D)
Probe 1.5″ O.D. x 8.9″ L (3.8 cm O.D. x 22 cm L)
Length ⁄Weight: 100′ (30 m) = 9 lbs. (4 kg)
200′ (60 m) = 11 lbs. (5 kg)
300′ (100 m) = 14 lbs. (6 kg)
Accuracy: 100th of a foot/100′ (3mm/30 m) per Federal Specification GGG-T-106E
Material: Reel Polypropylene and aluminum
Tape Kynar® coated steel
Probe PTFE, Viton® and stainless steel
Power: 9 Volt DC alkaline battery
Alarm: Audible and Visual
Warranty: 1 year
Formed in 1956, Geotech transitioned from a specialty machine shop to an environmental equipment manufacturer in 1978 when invited by the United States Geological Survey (USGS) to partner with them in developing products and technologies for the emerging U.S. Trace Metals Analysis Program.
As a result of this partnership, the bladder pumps, peristaltic pumps, 0.45-micron sampling filters, and filter holders developed by Geotech for the program became the groundwater industry standards.
Geotech rounded out already-extensive product lines by acquiring three outstanding companies: Oil Recovery Systems (ORS) in 1997, Keck Instruments, Inc. in 1999, and the Marschalk Corporation in 2005. Coupled with ongoing product research and development, Geotech today offers the most extensive line of equipment in the environmental field.
In addition to its 125,000 square-foot Denver-based manufacturing plant and corporate headquarters, Geotech now operates service centers in six other states, plus a European Sales Center in Barcelona, Spain and a representative office in Beijing, China. Geotech equipment meets environmental challenges on every continent!